Beirut, February 8, 2019
Energizing Your Ideas!
The process of shortlisting the entries submitted to the 2018-2019 Startupper of the Year by Total Challenge in Lebanon has been completed. The following 15 candidates have been shortlisted for the final (alphabetical order):
- Abd El Rahman El Kaderi, health category, WeGlo
- Ali Ali, community category, Lebanese spotlight
- Bilal Farshukh, construction category, Buildink
- Charbel Trad, social category, Outsource. Transform
- Daniel Abi Fadel, education category, E-Scola
- Dima El Zein, health category, Blood Heroes
- Elah Abi Saab, environment category, Scarubber
- Georges Bitar, environment category, Live Love Recycle
- Ghassan Zughaib, transport category, YallaBus
- Gloria Moussallem, social category, Elixir
- Hussein Sleiman, health category, Find A Nurse
- Lina Al Khouri, health category, Leda
- Marielle Khayat, culture category, Koullouna
- Ramzi Sleiman, transport category, Transport that saves energy
- Steven Semaan, nutrition category, DEKKENEAPP
The projects were selected out of more than 309 entries, through a questionnaire and a “Share for Likes” voting phase, before being reviewed by social business professionals.
The 15 finalists pitched their projects over two days. They received coaching before presenting to the local jury, made up of:
- Betty Taoutel Sfeir, Author, theatre director and comedian
- Christine Assouad, Dunkin’ Donuts Lebanon and Semsom, CEO
- Me Lara Karam Boustany, Boustany Law Offices, Attorney-at-Law and Professor of Law
- Karma Salman, KARMA, Jewelry Designer and Brand Owner
- Katia Dahdah, Total Liban, Legal, Administrative and HR Director
- Michèle Khalifé, Total Liban, Head of Marketing & Communication Unit – Digital and Innovation Correspondent
- Stephane Attali, ESA Business School, General Director
- Anthony Rahayel, Food critic, founder of nogarlicnoonions food blog
- Fouad Zmokhol, Director of Association of Lebanese Business People in the World (RDCL World)
- Daniel Alvarez, Total Liban, Managing Director
- Mario Maakaroun, Total Liban, Project Manager – In-house Lawyer and Internal Communicator
When the final selection process closes on March 1, 2019, the jury will announce the names of the three winners of the 2018-2019 Startupper of the Year by Total Challenge in Lebanon. These young entrepreneurs will receive financial support of up to € 12.500, personalized support and coaching from Total Liban and a communications campaign to publicize their project. There will also be a Top Female Entrepreneur award for one of the finalists to support her project. The prizes will be awarded at an official ceremony.
The 2018-2019 Startupper of the Year by Total Challenge, held simultaneously in 55 countries — 37 of which are in Africa, 11 in the Asia-Pacific and Middle East region, 4 in the Americas, and 3 in Europe — reaffirms Total’s commitment to social and economic development in host countries worldwide. By helping innovative young entrepreneurs to realize their projects, the Challenge strengthens the local social fabric.
The complete list of finalists and the rules for the contest are available on the dedicated website: https://startupper-of-the-year-challenge.total.com/en/challenges/lebanon/pages/top-15?lang=en
About Total Liban
Consolidated affiliate of a leading international oil and gas company, Total Liban is present today with a network of more than 190 service stations and a varied portfolio of professional clients. Total Liban controls all its supply and distribution chain under its quality, safety and environment strategy and is ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified. Having clients’ satisfaction at the core of its business, Total Liban seeks tirelessly since 1951 to apply the know-how and expertise acquired across the five continents by the Group. www.total-liban.com
Total is a major energy player, which produces and markets fuels, natural gas and low-carbon electricity. Our 100,000 employees are committed to better energy that is safer, more affordable, cleaner and accessible to as many people as possible. Active in more than 130 countries, our ambition is to become the responsible energy major.
Total Liban Contact
Media Relations: Michèle KHALIFE: Head of Marketing & Communication Unit Tel: (+961) 1212295, email: [email protected]