We are excited to announce that the European Union co-funded UNDP – CEDRO 5 project, is taking an additional step to support Lebanon’s Clean Energy Transition, by joining forces with Nucleus Ventures in their upcoming program, the Energy Innovation Hub.
The programme offers startups and SMEs access to funding to elevate ideas off the ground, access to new markets, buyers, and business partners, as well as skills and knowledge development through the program’s intense activities and entrepreneurial education.
Throughout their journey, Energy Innovation Hub entrepreneurs will be accompanied by mentors and industry experts for coaching. As well as local and international partners to support their global scaling efforts towards regional and global markets, and most importantly potential clients to validate their innovative ideas and solutions.
By the end of the acceleration program, five start-up teams will be selected and awarded grants to further develop their innovative solutions. These companies, along with other start-ups joining the program, are expected to contribute to the overall use and adoption of Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency technologies in Lebanon, eventually boosting job creation in the sector.
A Clean Energy Transition
As part of the European Union (EU) support of innovation and entrepreneurship in Lebanon’s clean energy transition, the Energy Innovation Hub will be paving the way for:
- Tapping into the potential for green jobs and growth, through climate change mitigation technologies in the energy sector
- Alleviating the financial and the economic burden of the current energy system on the various sectors and sub-sectors of Lebanon
- Facilitating access to financing
- Improving the linkages amongst green entrepreneurship, small-and-medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), industries, and research/technology centers
- The programme is part of the UNDP CEDRO 5 Project and is co-funded by the European Union. The CEDRO 5 project is implemented in partnership with the Association of Lebanese Industrialists (ALI), The Lebanon Green Building Council (LGBC), and the International Renewable Energy Certificates (I-REC) Institution.
- The Lebanese American University (LAU) will support the program teams in all areas related to research, development of cutting-edge technologies, and a simulation sandbox of the identified solutions. Ovation will offer key technical expertise as well as creating a bridge for local energy companies to fundraise and commercialize their products and services across international markets.
For further Information
Don’t miss the chance to apply now and be the first to benefit from this unique opportunity. To learn more about the program, eligibility criteria, and benefits, please visit our website: www.eihub-lb.com.