Beirut, the 10th of October 2019: For the first time, LAU Medical Center -Rizk Hospital organized a health and safety awareness day in the hospital’s garden on the 10th of October. School students between grades 6 and 9, as well as media representatives and the hospital’s visitors were invited to come and learn how to maintain a good level of hygiene and benefit from tips on how to stay safe and healthy.
LAU Medical Center – Rizk Hospital’s objective is to teach visitors simple daily actions that relate to good health, safety and hygiene. As part of its mission to heal with compassion and its constant pursuit to regularly encourage the public to take the necessary health precautions, 10 departments have partaken in this initiative as follows:
- The dietetic /nutrition department from which guests and visitors learned how to organize and maintain food in the fridge.
- The continuous learning & staff development department that taught guests and students how to perform hands only CPR.
- The infection control department through which invitees and students learned how to properly wash their hands.
- The quality and patient safety department that explained to guests patient safety and risk management
- The maintenance department that shared fire safety techniques.
- The Family Medicine department that has provided information and advice about colon cancer, breast cancer, cervical cancer, lung cancer, DL, hypertension, diabetes and OP (BMD) according to age, gender and risk factors.
- The pharmacy department through which attendees learned everything about drug safety.
- The occupational health and safety department that shared with guests safety at the workplaces tips and advices.
- The physiotherapy department whose physiotherapists explained to guests everything related to posture safety with some tips and advice.
- The dermatology department that covered everything about the health and safety of the skin and the ABCDE signs of melanoma risk.
LAU Medical Center-Rizk Hospital is always keen to provide its patients and the public with the best health and medical services and with necessary preemptive protection tips and advice.