Now available regionwide, the new Oral-B iO™ reimagines brushing from the inside out, delivering superior design, performance and experience for a professional clean feeling every day
DUBAI [UAE], 13 OCTOBER, 2021 – This month Oral-B, the industry leader in oral care innovation, is set to launch the iO™ toothbrush in the region, ensuring a professional level clean feeling is achievable at home every day. This latest addition to the brand’s line of electric toothbrushes, comes after six years of intensive product research and development and over 250 patents from around the world. The iO™ boasts a coveted position as 2020’s CES Innovation Award Honorees due to its advanced technology.
The UAE will be the first market in the Middle East and Africa region to launch the innovative Oral-B iO electric toothbrush. P&G’s use of cutting-edge technologies to develop connected, innovative products that transform everyday consumer experiences, aligns with the “Creating the Future” agenda of Expo 2020 Dubai.
Oral-B iO™ combines best-ever clinical performance with a superior user experience, making it one of the industry’s most advanced brushing products.
In clinical tests, Oral-B iO™ provided a deeper cleaning of teeth and gums, allowing users to easily and effectively maintain oral health. When compared to manual toothbrushes, Oral-B iO™ users experienced:
- 100 percent more plaque removal after eight weeks vs a regular manual toothbrush
- 100 percent healthier gums in just one week vs a regular manual toothbrush
“There is nothing like the Oral-B iO™. It introduces a new era in brushing and is a monumental leap in innovative oral care technology,” said Paolo Zilianti, Senior Brand Director, Oral Care Middle East & Africa. “The result of years of expert development, Oral-B iO™ strikes the right balance between effectiveness and experience and reimagines how a brush performs, cleans and feels. It is a brush that people will look forward to using and will deliver superior oral health. Aligning with the UAE’s digital transformation strategy, P&G is constructively disrupting its business to deliver experiences that reinvent what people expect of everyday products.”
The Oral-B iO™ uniquely features a frictionless magnetic drive, which distributes energy more efficiently to the tips of the bristles, resulting in a smooth, quiet, sensational cleaning experience. The new magnetic drive delivers cleaning energy to the redesigned iO™ brush head, which has been engineered to combine oscillating and rotating cleaning motions with micro-vibrations for a professional clean feel.
As a result of input from more than 1,800 consumers, the Oral-B iO™ includes five key pillars of design features and experience capabilities:
- Linear Magnetic Drive: created from the need to deliver an effective and enjoyable brushing routine. Producing controlled, harmonious movements, the quiet and frictionless linear drive system efficiently transfers more energy directly to the bristle tips.
- Superior Cleaning Action and Redesigned Brush Head: Oral-B iO™ brush heads combine oscillating, rotating movements with micro-vibrations to ensure a deep clean that reaches every contour. The brush head has been redesigned with twisted bristles, and reinforced with high-density tuft-in-tuft configuration, for a sensational brushing experience.
- Bimodal Smart Pressure Sensor: an innovation that is the first of its kind to provide positive brushing feedback, identifying and guiding users to brush in the optimal pressure range. The Sensor features a variable-speed smart drive that adjusts frequency to protect gums and enamel.
- Smart Display with Personalised Brushing Modes: an intuitive interface that greets users, while also providing coaching and motivation throughout the cleaning process. Features up to seven brush modes for a highly personalized experience.
- Artificial Intelligence Tracking via the Oral-B iO™ App: provides real-time individual tracking and coaching, thanks to artificial intelligence informed by thousands of recorded brushing sessions. Oral-B iO™ has a simple and intuitive user interface that guides consumers through a two-minute brushing session with 3D teeth tracking across 16 zones (in the iO9) to ensure a professional clean feeling every time.
The new Oral-B iO™ will be available for purchase in the UAE beginning in October 2021. For more information about Oral-B iO™, visit https://www.oralbarabia.com/en
The new Oral-B iO™ is available in the following colors and prices:
- Oral-B iO 9 Series Black: AED 1499
- Oral-B iO 7 Series White: AED 899
Oral-B® is the worldwide leader in the over $5 billion brushing market. Part of the Procter & Gamble Company, the brand includes manual and electric toothbrushes for children and adults, toothpastes and mouthwashes, whitening systems and interdental products, such as dental floss.
About Procter & Gamble
P&G serves consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ambi Pur®, Ariel®, Bounty®, Charmin®, Crest®, Dawn®, Downy®, Febreze®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Lenor®, Olay®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, SK-II®, Tide®, Vicks®, and Whisper®. The P&G community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide. Please visit http://www.pg.com for the latest news and information about P&G and its brands.