With the recent Coronavirus pandemic, you may be concerned about going to the gym. However, if you want to stay active at home, you can use your own body to do a variety of body weight exercises such as planks. Plank exercises are time efficient, do not require sports equipment and strengthen different muscle groups.
What will happen when you do planks every day for 30 days?
- Your posture will be improved
- Your core muscles will be stronger
- Your balance will be better
- You’ll burn more calories
- Your mood will be improved
How do you do a plank?
- Ensure your elbows on the ground directly underneath your shoulders
- Line up your wrists with your elbows
- Push your body upwards and make sure your back is flat and your head and neck are in a neutral position
How long should you hold a plank?
If you are a beginner, the recommended time is 30 seconds.
Do not push yourself to hold for longer or even start a plank if you are not ready.
Challenge yourself and try to break your own record by holding your plank 5 extra seconds every day for 30 days!