The CMA CGM Corporate Foundation for Children is launching the 5th edition of its annual call for projects. A €140,000 envelope will be shared out in 2017 in France (the PACA region only) and in Lebanon to fund projects focusing on the following topic: “Improving the everyday life of children suffering from diseases and trauma”.
« In 2017, the Foundation aims at enhancing the everyday life of children made vulnerable by sickness and traumatic experiences. The emotional and social environment being a determining factor for the recovery of sick and vulnerable children, the Foundation will support projects geared to improve the quality of life of those children”, says the President of CMA CGM Corporate Foundation, Naïla Saadé.
The financial aids, which vary between €5,000 and €30,000, will be allocated to projects dedicated to improving the living conditions, the wellbeing and the personal development of sick children by answering, among others, one of the following problematics:
· Access to basic skills by maintaining or restoring a school setting;
· Access to cultural, sports or leisure activities in line with the children capacities;
· Support to equipment which allow maintaining or restoring family ties;
· Support to equipment likely to improve the living environment in collective reception facilities;
· Access to specific surgeries and care for children who cannot be treated in their countries.
The specifications and the application file are available on the Foundation’s website. Files can only be deposited through the online platform until February 10, 2017 (http://www.cma-cgm.fr/le-groupe/fondation/appel-a-projets).