Stay healthy and get through the winter months with the below tips:
- Resist the temptation of staying inside and go for a short walk to breath some fresh air.
- Don’t quit your exercise routine just because the weather is too cold. You can always try indoor activities such as swimming in an indoor pool.
- Enjoy winter fruits and vegetables. Cut down on carbohydrates such as bread and pasta and fill your plate with dark leafy greens, winter squash, citrus and pomegranate.
- Try hot herbal beverages instead of hot chocolate to cut down on extra calories.
- Stay hydrated as cold weather and indoor heating will leave your skin dry and itchy. Drink water and use moisturizers adequate to your skin.
- Keep your vitamin D levels under check during winter months as it is essential for the immune system and mood.
- Boost your immune system with vitamin C to keep the cold and flu symptoms at bay.
- Get enough sleep regardless of the season to feel better and healthy.