For staying young, looking fresh and healthy, it is essential to have healthy skin. Our skin is the frontline defense against bacteria, germs and other organisms. It is one of the first organs affected by aging, weather conditions, daily life stress, etc. Below are some simple tips to protect your skin:
- Clean your skin gently by:
- Washing your face daily in the morning and evening using a gentle cleanser with moisturizers.
- Avoiding using hot water and taking long showers as this will contribute to removing oils from your skin. Use warm water and limit bath time.
- Gently patting dry your skin after showers and use moisturizers that fit your skin type.
- Protect your skin from the sun by:
- Using a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15 and higher.
- Avoiding the sun between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Wearing protective clothing (tightly woven long-sleeved shirt, long pant and wide hat).
3. Don’t smoke as smoking damages the collagen and elastin, fibers that give your skin strength and elasticity, thus smoking contributes to the appearance of wrinkles. Also smoking increases your risk of skin cancer as well as other types of cancers.
4. Eat a healthy diet with plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins.
5. Manage stress as stress makes your skin more sensitive and might trigger acne and other skin disorders.
6- Sleep well for a healthy skin.
7- Seek professional help from a dermatologist for any skin problem.