Hepatitis is an inflammation of the liver caused by a virus most of the time.
The most common forms of hepatitis are hepatitis A, B, and C.
Many people may exhibit only mild or no symptoms at all. However, each form of the virus can cause more severe symptoms.
Symptoms may include:
- Loss of appetite
- Abdominal pain
- Mild fever
- Yellowing of the skin and whites of the eyes
Hepatitis A: Who Is at High Risk?
- People who travel to or live in a country with high infection rates
- People who eat raw foods or drink tap water
- Children who attend daycare centers
Hepatitis B and C: Who Is at Risk?
- People who are exposed to blood and body fluids
- People who have injected illegal drugs at any time
Effective and safe vaccines to prevent hepatitis A and B virus are available. However, there is still no vaccine for hepatitis C. Yet, antiviral medicines can cure more than 95% of persons with hepatitis C infection.
Get to Know GlobeMed Fit:
Don’t miss taking your medications on time! GlobeMed Fit reminds you to take the right medication at the right time with the right dose. Download GlobeMed Fit for free now!