During his visit to Lebanon, Mr. Rodolphe Saadé, Chairman and CEO of CMA CGM Group, gathered the Group’s clients, along with representatives of various institutions, and reaffirmed the attachment of CMA CGM to the economic development of the country.
During his speech, he announced his decision to support 4 Lebanese start-ups. Following the partnership signed with the incubator SMART ESA in February, a selection committee met and identified 4 high potential Lebanese start-ups.
CMA CGM will provide them with funding, and thus support them in their international development.
The 4 start-ups are:
- BlocRecs: block chain-based solution for verifying authenticity of university diplomas
- Otocar: solution enabling parents to follow up with their kids’ journey on the school bus
- Reable: solution enabling persons with disabilities to become financially independent
- Triend: a travel app which aims to bridge the gap between sharing or viewing an experience on social media and actually booking it
On this occasion, Rodolphe Saadé declared: « The Lebanese people are daring entrepreneurs, and Lebanon is creating an increasing number of promising start-ups. We are attached to the economic development of our country, and wish to help these start-ups by connecting them to our global network and expertise»
In addition, Rodolphe Saadé reminded the audience of CMA CGM’s attachment to Lebanon through its activities:
- Further development of the Group’s transport and logistics offering with the launch of a new service, ADRIMED EXPRESS
- The creation of the Group’s sixth Regional Office recently established in Beirut, as well as its investments in Lebanese companies and projects.