Geneva, 8 March 2017 – After a very successful year of sales, with a record 42,100 cars distributed globally in 2016, Maserati has chosen the 87th Geneva International Motor Show to introduce its GranTurismo and GranCabrio Sport Special Edition versions. A brand new conceptual Ermenegildo Zegna silk interior in beige will also be on show in the SUV Levante.
The first Maserati Grand Touring car, the 3500 GT, was produced 60 years ago and made its debut at the Geneva Motor Show. Maserati not only created a new successful market segment, but also sold over 2200 units in both coupe and cabrio versions. The GranTurismo and GranCabrio Special Editions celebrate the 60th anniversary of one of Maserati’s iconic vehicles, while embodying the entire legacy of this glorious brand.
The Special Edition is based on GranTurismo and GranCabrio Sport versions and only 400 units will be produced. The main unique features of these new and exclusive versions include the New Rosso Italiano three-layer paint for the exteriors, reinterpreting the red of Fangio’s 250F – F1 champion in 1957 – and emphasizing the link with Maserati’s heritage. The MC-design 20” alloy wheels come with a new Glossy Black finish that matches the Special Edition logo wheel centre caps.
The new interior design revolves around Poltrona Frau leather or leather/Alcantara upholstery and new interior stitching available in 4 different combinations. Other distinguishing interior details are the doorsills in carbon fibre featuring the Special Edition logo and the dedicated plate on the central tunnel with a carbon fibre holder, commemorating the anniversary and the limited production run of 400 units.
The 2017 Geneva Motor Show will also present the Levante Show Car, featuring the new conceptual Ermenegildo Zegna 100% silk fabric in the cockpit. Ermenegildo Zegna atelier has developed a new silk fabric specially for Maserati, for a heightened soft touch effect, in a new beige colour. The brand new “Chevron” beige silk fabric is coupled with full premium beige leather on the front and rear seats. The same new beige silk fabric with a “Nattè” pattern, is used to enrich the interior door panels, while a “Jersey” pattern has been chosen for the roof lining and sun visors. A dedicated label featuring the Zegna logo highlights the luxuriousness of this interior combination, which is paired with the full premium black leather covering the upper part of the dashboard and the ambient beige cabin.
The new Zegna beige interior will further enrich the current line-up of luxury interiors, available in 100% silk in anthracite combined with full premium leather in black, red and tan.
The Maserati stand at Geneva will also display the marque’s complete range, including the Ghibli and Quattroporte (GranSport and GranLusso versions) saloons, as well as the best performing car in the SUV family, the Levante S – all in Model Year 2017.
Maserati GranTurismo ‘Special Edition’ features:
- 3 “extra campionario” paints available (New Rosso Italiano, Bianco Birdcage, Grigio Lava) and 4 typical Maserati range colours (Nero, Bianco Eldorado, Nero Carbonio, Grigio Granito)
- Alloy wheels: MC-design 20” alloy wheels with a new Glossy Black finish
- Special Edition logo wheel centre caps in a new finish, matching the wheel colour
- The distinctive features of the carbon fibre hood, which comes as standard for body colour and available as an optional extra for the carbon look, are its front central air intake and two rear air vents. The internal part of the hood is in matt carbon fibre featuring a large-scale pattern. The hood of the GranCabrio Sport has been specifically modified, starting from the coupe model, and fitted to respect the restrictive regulations concerning pedestrian impact.
- Standard carbon fibre look (front splitter, door handles, side mirrors, rear lip spoiler).
- New Poltrona Frau leather or leather/Alcantara upholstery and interior stitching available in 4 combinations:
- Bianco Pregiato leather interior with Grigio Chrono insert and Grigio Chrono stitching
- Black leather/black drilled Alcantara interior with Red stitching
- Black leather with White stitching
- Black leather/grey drilled Alcantara interior with Grigio Ghiaccio stitching
- Standard carbon fibre look (centre console, paddles shift, instrument surround, carbon finish on dash and door panels trim strips)
- Floor mats with coloured piping matching the interior details
- Door sills in carbon fibre with Special Edition logo
- Dedicated plate on central tunnel with carbon fibre holder, paying tribute to the anniversary and the limited 400-unit production run